What’s Better: Fake Eyelashes or Eyelash Extensions?
When you want to get fuller eyelashes that look amazing, you need to make sure that you are choosing the right product to make that happen. There are two main options that you are able to choose, the eyelash extension and the false eyelashes. Many customers wonder which one is going to be the best for them and their needs.
Eyelash extensions are going to be a process that includes attaching individual eyelashes to the lashes with special glue so that the individual lashes can be placed on the original lashes. With false eyelashes, there will be strip lashes that can be purchased and then placed right over the natural eyelashes. Both of these are technically fake and can give a great look, but it depends on the strength of your own lashes on which one you want to go with.
Let’s take a closer look at the similarities and the differences between fake eyelashes and eyelash extensions to help you make a smart decision on which one is right for you.
The Benefits of Fake Eyelashes
Fake eyelashes are going to be non-permanent false hairs that are attached to the natural eyelashes and then glued to make the lashes thicker than before. These are often going to be strip-shaped lashes and can be left in place to make the eyelashes look thicker and better all at once. These are easy to wear each day and only take about five minutes to put in place.
Many customers like to spend time working with these fake eyelashes because there are many benefits to choosing them. Some of the benefits of going with fake eyelashes to enhance your beauty include:
- It is quick to put them on. Most lashes will take less than five minutes to get done.
- Can give you a full or natural appearance depending on your preferences. You can choose from more than one type that you like the most.
- You can reuse them a few times to make them more affordable.
- There are many options in the type of hair that you would like to use so you can find the one for you.
- Make your eyes stand out more than before.
- Can help to reduce some of the impacts that happen on natural lashes if they are applied properly.
There are a few negatives to choosing these fake eyelashes, which is why not everyone is going to be using these. You will need to take these off before you go to sleep and some will find them difficult to wear. You also can’t get them wet and they take up a lot of time if you plan to wear these all the time. If you are not careful with the type of lashes you get, it is possible that they are going to look fake and unnatural, which will ruin the overall look you want.
The Benefits of Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions are slightly different than what w see with fake eyelashes. These are going to be semi-permanent lashes that a lash artist is going to apply to each of your natural lashes to help add in some more of the volume that you want. These are able to stay in for longer, allowing you to have a great look all the time, without having to take them off. Some of the benefits of choosing eyelash extensions include:
- These can last between four to six weeks without needing to take them off and on.
- You can have more control over the length, curvature, and thickness so they appear more natural.
- Reduces the makeup time because you just need to add a bit of mascara and you are ready to go.
- They stay on until your eyelashes grow out and they fall off.
- They are natural and can make your eyes stand out.
- You can allow them to get wet starting 12 hours after they are applied.
- There are different hair types based on the look you want to get.
While eyelash extensions are a good choice for many, you do need to have a professional put them on and they can be expensive to maintain and apply in the first place. You will need to clean them each day to continue leaving them in and they need to be touched up every two to four weeks or they start to look worse.
Which One is Best?
For those who want to extend out the eyelashes and make them look good for a long time without all the upkeep each day, the eyelash extensions are going to be the best choice to go with. But if you would like to go with something for one-time use for a special occasion, then fake eyelashes will be the best choice.